Location: Tumbi Umbi, Central Coast
Project Summary: Hemmens Carpentry was asked to construct a new outdoor entertaining area with a modern pergola. We were also required to build a deck around an existing pool to clean the area up.
The Problem: The Tumbi Umbi clients had existing pavers and an old pergola roof that just wasn’t cutting it anymore. Along with the deteriorating pergola, the area wasn’t big enough anymore. The clients also have an existing pool area that needed revamping to clean the whole area up.
The Solution: Working with the clients, Hemmens Carpentry & Building constructed a new entertaining deck and erected a new Solarspan pergola. Around the pool a hardwood deck was installed with glass balustrade.
Jobs that were completed included:
- Hardwood decking was installed around the pool to match the flow of the existing pool. This pool deck was also equipped with deck lighting installed by a qualified electrician.
- A hardwood entertaining deck was built to extend out from the rear of the house.
- Deck stairs were built connecting the upper pool deck to the lower entertaining deck. These deck stairs were also equipped with deck lights.
- A new pergola was designed and installed. The product we chose was Solarspan Roof Panels, because of the products long spans, each panel is insulated and the panels come with a finished underside ceiling. The roof panels were also equipped with down lights, ceiling fans and cafe blinds to block out the weather.
- Build a covering for the pool filter box.